Handwriting: Online helps for reading Old English HandwritingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Access online tutorials and helps for reading the handwriting in old English records at the following web sites:
- England & Wales Handwriting 1500 to 1800 (click on links on upper left side of page)
- English Handwriting 1500-1700
- Scottish handwriting in 16th-18th century documents
- Latin (click on the link at bottom of page)
- English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese (the non-English tutorials are presented in both English and in the native language)
- Upload and read old Handwriting RootsChat Deciphering Handwritng Help. (Free).
Other web sites can be found by going to Cyndi's List - Handwriting & Script or by doing a search on Google for terms such as handwriting, paleography, or Old English with the term England.
- This page was last modified on 6 September 2014, at 03:10.
- This page has been accessed 6,752 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page