Harney County, OregonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Harney County Oregon genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Harney County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||February 23, 1889|
|Named for: Gen. William Shelby Harney|
Harney County Courthouse
450 North Buena Vista Avenue
Burns, Or 97720
County Clerk has marriage records from 1911,
land and probate records from 1889, military
records from 1943 and naturalization records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records. 
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Harney County Court House as of July 2008.
Harney County Court is structured differently. Check the County Records Inventory link for addresses for location of records (left column).
- Record Loss:
Historical FactsNamed for Brig. Gen. William S. Harney of U.S. Army, who was involved in "Pig War" and popular in the Pacific Northwest.
No parts were taken to create any county.
Places / Localities
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices. > Trivia Tidbits
Archives and Libraries
- 1870, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
- 1880, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Rivers and Waterways
Details about the rivers and waterways where farms and settlements are often found along them. >> Rivers and Waterways
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries, Museums
Family History Centers
- The Harney County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project (backup site)
Harney County Oregon Genealogy References
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Harney County, Oregon page 572, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
- This page was last modified on 3 May 2013, at 19:02.
- This page has been accessed 1,674 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More