Harney County, Oregon Trivia TidbitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices.
- Adobe Camp, was a very small military installation established on Silvies River in Harney Valley on Sept. 18, 1865, by Captain L. L. Williams of H Company, First Oregon Volunteer Infantry. A plat of level ground was laid off about 25 yards square, protected by a sod wall 30 inches high, with an inside ditch 30 inches deep. The exact location is not known, seems to have been near what was later called Camp Wright when that post was established Oct 1865. It may be assumed that Captain Williams abandoned Adobe Camp at that time.
Oregon Geographic Names FamilySearch Catalog
- This page was last modified on 21 December 2015, at 03:19.
- This page has been accessed 906 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News