| Harrison County Historical Museum
- Harrison County Historical Museum
- Old Harrison County Courthouse
- 117 East Bowie (P.O. Box 1987)
- Marshall, Texas 75671
Hours and holidays:; Tuesday-Saturday 10-4. Last admission ticket issued at 3. Closed on holidays.
Map, and public transportation:
- Google Map of Harrison County Historical Museum
- City Bus Service: Marshall's green, red, and blue bus routes all stop next to the museum.
Internet sites and databases:
Harrison County Historical Museum is a key repository for locating selected early Missouri and Texas settlers. This was a center for Missouri Confederate soldiers during the Civil War. It has a great collection of family folders, books, letters, diaries, journals, and surname lists. 
If you cannot visit or find a source at the Harrison County Historical Museum, a similar source may be available at one of the following.
- National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth) letters, photos, maps, settlement history, American Indians, the Civil War, slavery, Chinese exclusion, repatriation, segregation, and World Wars I and II.
- National Archives at Kansas City, MO, records of federal agencies and courts for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, censuses, ships lists, naturalizations, military records. 
- Dallas Public Central Library 111,700 volumes, 64,500 microfilms, 89,000 microfiche, and over 700 maps, marriage, probate, deed, and tax abstracts in book form, or microfilm of originals for some states, and online databases. Outstanding for the South, Mid-Atlantic, and New England.
- Mid-Continent Public Library Midwest Genealogy Center, Independence, MO, national censuses/indexes, 80,000 family histories, 100,000 local histories, 565,000 microfilms, 7,000 maps, and newspapers.
- Harrison County Clerk birth, marriage, death, divorces, property records, probate, court records, military discharges, and livestock marks and brands.
- Harrison County Genealogical Society books, journals, maps, pictures, microfilm, microfiche, scrapbooks, 1,000 vertical files, letters, newspaper clippings, census records, cemetery records, and church histories.
- Marshall Public Library books, articles, and newspaper archives for Marshall, Harrison County, and northeast Texas.
- East Texas Baptist University Library newspapers and genealogy files.
- Repositories in surrounding counties in Texas: Gregg, Marion, Panola, Rusk, and Upshur, in Louisiana: Caddo.
- Texas DSHS Vital Statistics, Austin, births, deaths, marriages, divorces.
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, Austin, federal censuses, vital statistics indexes, military indexes, county tax rolls, city directories, newspapers, voter registration, convicts.
- Texas Historical Commission, Austin, 5,000 publications of which 3,000 are books, historical sites, cemeteries, oral history, heritage trails, city and county histories, military history and photos.
- Texas State Genealogical Society events, awards and grants, heritage certificates, publications, preservation.
- Repositories in other surrounding states: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, and Tamaulipas