Harrisonburg Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center is located in Harrisonburg VA and we serve the Rockingham County area.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 210 South Ave Harrisonburg VA 22801
- We are 1 block west of South High Street. Park on the east side of the building and use the entrance next to the satellite dish.
- The door is kept locked so please use the door bell and someone will come and let you in.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone:(540) 442-1985 - Open hours. (540) 434-6782 - To set up an appointment. Please leave a message.
- Tuesday 10am - 2pm
- Wednesday 10am - 2 pm 7pm - 8:30pm
- By appointment.
- Closed for holidays.
- Inclement Weather
- Closed if any of the local schools are closed.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a collection of donated books with local family information, copies of local Obituaries for many years (including Pendelton Co. West Va.) and a collection of microfilms.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers, 2 printers, 2 microfilm readers and a microfiche reader.
Resources in the Local Area
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:59.
- This page has been accessed 595 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki