Harvey County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Harvey County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Harvey County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 29, 1872|
|Address|| Harvey County Courthouse|
800 N. Main Street
Newton, Kansas 67114-0687
Harvey County Courthouse
800 N Main
Newton, KS 67114
Probate Court has marriage records from 1800’s.
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1872.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1800’s. 
- 1872--Harvey County was created 29 February 1872 from McPherson, Sedgwick, and Marion Counties. County seat: Newton 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Harvey County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Harvey County, Kansas page 251, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 1 February 2013, at 17:34.
- This page has been accessed 1,066 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More