Help:Creating a pageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
IMPORTANT: Before creating a page, review the following:
- Search the Wiki for the subject and title of the page you want to create. If you find a similar article, you may add content to the existing page rather than create another page.
- After reviewing the article on naming conventions, type the name of the article you want to create in the box below. Do not include characters such as ?, !, *, etc. as part of an article title. Click create page.
- This will take you to the edit screen of the new page. Add content to the new page, and click save page.
NOTE: To make your page better, link your article to other pages in the Wiki. Make absolutely sure that you create a back-link to a more general article. For example, if you create a city page, make sure there is a link to both the county and the state. Failing to create a link back results in orphan pages in the Wiki.
- This page was last modified on 13 May 2014, at 18:03.
- This page has been accessed 25,371 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More