Help:How to Edit and Resize ImagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This help article will guide you as you edit in the Wiki. See Contributor Help for more help articles.|
The FamilySearch Wiki encourages users to submit images that improve the content of the FamilySearch Wiki and are appropriate to the Wiki. Unfortunately, not all images are small enough to make them usable on the Wiki. Below are instructions on how to edit, re-size, and compress images so they will be more suitable to submit to the FamilySearch Wiki.
1. To use the basic IrfanView tool, visit http://www.irfanview.com/, and download the free program.
2. Then the user will be able to locate and upload the photo that needs to be re-sized or edited.
3. Once the image appears online at IrfanView, click "Image" then "Resize/Resample..." on the toolbar.
4. This will open the resizing settings. Type in the new dimensions. The re-sized image will appear.
5. To complete the re-sizing of the image, save the image back to your computer.
6. After images have been resized and saved to your computer, you may Upload Images to the Wiki.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2015, at 02:52.
- This page has been accessed 3,784 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News