Help talk:Format for Source Citations in FamilySearch Historical Records CollectionsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Shifting the namespace
Hey folks! While browsing today I came upon this page and saw that it needs to be moved to either the Help namespace or the FamilySearch Wiki namespace. Could y'all link up with Fran Jensen and Janell Vasquez and figure out which namespace to move it to? The main namespace is reserved for articles about genealogy research. Thanks! RitcheyMT 15:34, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- Elder Fuller will be doing the moving of the article. Let me know if you notice any problems. I review my wiki admin notices at night usually so you might see the change before I do. We picked the Help namespace. Thanks!Horandm
- Is this documentation for the Historical Collections pages in the Wiki only? And not for the general public use in their own research? -- janellv
- These instructions do document the citations in the Historical Collections wiki articles. They are based on genealogical citation standards. Horandm
- Yes Janell. These are instructions for those creating pages describing FamilySearch Records Collections using the FamilySearch Wiki:Guidelines for FamilySearch Collections pages article and not for the general public. It was originally placed in the "Main" namespace and then moved to the "Help" namespace. I am moving it again to the FamilySearch Wiki namespace which is where I believe it belongs. Lotje 18:08, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
- I moved it back because the move may cause problems and it appears HoranDM and RitcheyMT already decided on the help namespace as appropriate.Lotje 19:54, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
Change focus of this article
Hi, I know there is a forum thread about this article and whether it should be deleted. My thought is to rename it something along the lines of Help:Understanding Source Citations for FamilySearch Historical Records Collections. Then the article could be rewritten so that readers can better understand what the source citation is telling them about the collection and where the information has come from and where the related original records can be found. --Steve 12:16, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
New focus / redirect
I like the new focus for this article and see that the redirect is working nicely. However, the paragraph that beings "An explanation of how the User Guidance Unit creates collection citations..." is a circular refernce back to this article. I'm thinking this isn't what was intended, but am not sure what was and so cannot fix it. It seems to me that the paragraph is not relevant since the entire article is now about that topic. I would recommend that the paragraph (and ciruclar link) be deleted. Lise 17:02, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 7 August 2012, at 17:03.
- This page has been accessed 654 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki