Henderson County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Henderson County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Henderson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1838|
Henderson County Courthouse
200 N Grove St Suite 129
Henderson, NC 28792-5053
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1914,
marriage record from 1800 and rec from 1837
Clerkk superior Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1841
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
For tips on accessing Henderson County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- French Broad, near Mills River, N.C. Organized before 1792. Previously located in Buncombe County.
- Twenty-fourth annual report of the public schools of Henderson, North Carolina, 1922-1923 - via the Internet Archive
- Henderson County students at NC colleges - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- - 16th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, Company I
:- 1st Battalion, North Carolina Junior Reserves, Company C
:- 5th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Company G
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company D
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company E
:- 7th Regiment, North Carolina Cavalry, Company G
- 1838-1923 - Will Books 1 to 5 (1838-1923) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1840-1900 - Henderson County Bastardy Bonds 1840-1900 at USGenWeb - free.
- 1842-1900 - Henderson County Divorce Records 1842-1900 at USGenWeb - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Henderson County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- Henderson County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb project
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Henderson County, North Carolina. Page 509 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ "French Broad Baptist Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:27.
- This page has been accessed 7,472 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki