Hennepin County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hennepin County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hennepin County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1852|
|Address|| Hennepin County Courthouse|
300 S 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0001
Hennepin County Website
Clerk District Courth has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage, divorce and court records. 
- 1852--Hennepin County was created 6 March 1852 from Dakota County. County seat: Minneapolis 
- For a brief history of how Hennepin County was named, click here. Then select Hennepin County.
Bloomington | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Champlin | Chanhassen | Corcoran | Crystal | Dayton | Deephaven | Eden Prairie | Edina | Excelsior | Golden Valley | Greenfield | Greenwood | Hanover | Hopkins | Independence | Long Lake | Loretto | Maple Grove | Maple Plain | Medicine Lake | Medina | Minneapolis | Minnetonka | Minnetonka Beach | Minnetrista | Mound | New Hope | Orono | Osseo | Plymouth | Richfield | Robbinsdale | Rockford | Rogers | Shorewood | Spring Park | St. Anthony Village | St. Bonifacius | St. Louis Park | Tonka Bay | Wayzata | Woodland
- Eden Prairie Cemetery, Eden Prairie BillionGraves
- Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota, has a name search.
- Cemeteries listings. US Gen Web Archives. Bloomington, Chaplin, Crystal Lake, Fort Snelling, Greenwood, Lakewood, Summit Park, Unitarian Wyzata, Evangelical Bohemian Presbyterian Minnetonka
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Fold3.com ($) has Minneapolis City Directories 1865-1923 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Fold3.com ($) has St. Paul City Directories 1863-1924 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Family Maps of Hennepin County, Minnesota (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Simple map of Hennepin County Communities and Townships
Civil War service men from Hennepin County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Hennepin County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company A.
- - 1st Battalion, Minnesota Infantry Volunteers, Company B.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company D.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B, C, and D.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and K.
- - 9th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and B.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies B and C.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies A, B and E.
- - 1st Minnesota Company Sharpshooters, First Company only
- Newspaper Links - Minnesota Historical Society
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress) This freely accessible website, available from any Internet connection, hosts historic newspapers (1860-1922) from across the United States for noncommercial, educational and research purposes. Currently the following Minnesota titles are available on Chronicling America, with more to follow:
The appeal . (Saint Paul, Minn.) 1889-19?? African-American newspaper. More than 1,500 issues between 1889 and 1922 have been digitized and are fully searchable on-line at the Library of Congress, Chronicling America website.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Anoka Minnesota Family History Center
- Bloomington Minnesota Family History Center
- Minneapolis Minnesota Family History Center
- Hennepin County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hennepin County US Gen Web Site
- Hennepin County US Gen Web Archives Site
- ancestry.com Hennepin County Resource Page ($ need ancestry.com subscription)
- Hennepin County Genealogy (Minnesota Genealogy)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hennepin County, Minnesota page 364, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 23:20.
- This page has been accessed 2,505 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More