Herbert's Battalion, Arizona Cavalry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Captain Thomas Helm's Company (Arizona Rangers), formerly Captain Thomas J. Mastin's Company, attached to 2 Regiment Texas Mounted Volunteers
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Arizona in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Arizona in the Civil War describes many Union sources, specifically for Arizona, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- ↑ National Archives and Records Administration, Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers who Served in Organizations from the Territory of Arizona, microcopy no. 318. Fold3 Sept. and Oct. 1861 Muster Roll and Fold3 Nov. and Dec. Muster Roll 1861 (accessed 20 December 2011).
- This page was last modified on 9 November 2012, at 02:17.
- This page has been accessed 353 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback