Hermiston Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Hermiston Family History Center serves the communities of western Umatilla County and parts ot Morrow County Oregon.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 850 SW 11th Street Hermiston Oregon 97838 United States
- Use North door on west side of the building.
- You may have to ring bell for entrance.
- The 2nd and 4th Saturdays:9:00am-1:00pm
- All other hours by appointment:
Closed all national holidays: Closed December 19th 2014 thru January 2015:
Calendar and Events
June 21, 2014:
10am - "Using FamilySearch to do family history research"
11:30am -- "Using Ancestry.com"
1pm -- "RootsTech Video: Digitizing Your Family History"
Call Jeanette Byers at 541-667-7046 to register. Drop-ins also welcome.
Staff Training Meetings
10 am the first Monday of each month except July & December
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
- Ancestral Quest 14
- Family Insight
- GenCharts (unique genealogy charts)
- Get My Ancestors
- Legacy Family Tree 8
- PAF and PAF Companion
- RootsMagic 6
Family History Center Portal:
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press (American Civil War Collections)
- Ancestry.com (Library Edition)
- Arkiv Digital (Swedish Church Records)
- Find My Past (UK Records)
- Fold 3 (US Military Records)
- The Genealogist (UK Records)
- Heritage Quest Online (US Records)
- Historic Map Works Library Edition (US)
- Paper Trail (US Migration)
- World Vital Records ] 
Hardware and Equipment
- 1 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 6 computers with Internet connection
- 2 printers (one with a scanner)
- 1 microfilm readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 23 July 2014, at 15:10.
- This page has been accessed 1,234 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki