Hickory County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hickory County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hickory County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 14, 1845|
|Address|| Hickory County Courthouse|
PO Box 3
Hermitage, MO 65668
Hickory County Website
County Clerk has birth records 1883-1898;
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records
from 1872, divorce and court records from 1858;
Probate Judge has probate records from 1845
See an interactive map of Hickory County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
http://hickory.mogenweb.org/album/hchs.htm: Hickory County Historical Society. A new and expanded (including some cemeteries in neighboring counties) Cemetery Directory of Hickory County, Missouri [Revised Edition] was published in 2005 by the Greene County Archives & Records Center. It can be purchased for $25.00 at the Hickory County Museum, the Hickory County Library, or The Index office in Hermitage. For mail orders, please send a check for $30.00 to Hickory County Historical Society, P. O. Box 248, Hermitage, MO 65668.
http://www.looktothepast.com: Click on "Cemetery Transcriptions", scroll down to Hickory County.
- Map of Hickory County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Hickory County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Map of 1904 Hickory County with numerous small settlements (My Genealogy Hound)
- http://hickory.mogenweb.org/album/hchs.htm: Available as a fundraiser for the Historical Society is a CD containing transcriptions of marriage licenses issued in Hickory County from 1872 through 1945. This CD contains 8 separate files in MS Word format, one for each of the county's extant marriage books. It is available for $18 ($15 going to the Historical Society) from Ginger Donohue, email@example.com, or R 2 Box 2095A, Hermitage, MO 65668-9524.
- 1872-1885 - Hickory County Marriage Books 2 and 3 Index 1872-1885. Batch M515151 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Biographies from The History of Hickory County, Missouri (1889) published by Goodspeed are available free on the My Genealogy Hound website.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hickory County, Missouri. Page 401 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 7 May 2013, at 01:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,889 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More