History and Employment Information of The Frisco, the Saint Louis-San Francisco Railway -serving primarily Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas from 1876 to 1980-Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
There are several groups of records on this website that would be helpful to descendants of railroaders:
1. Employee applications records. Not all employees are listed. These employee cards, dating from 1940 forward, include:
- Employee's name
- Birth date
- Race & gender
- Parents' names [including mother’s maiden name]
- Location of assignment and job title.
2. Copies of Frisco employee magazines published for active and retired employees . Included in these issues are obituaries, personal items about employees and their families, and other articles. The magazines from 1902-1935 are digitized; there are 185 complete magazines in that time span.
- There is a search engine in which to place the name of the employee.
- The actual text and/or photo from the magazine is then displayed.
- If you have a question, there is a question box whereby you may query the reference librarian at the Springfield-Greene County Library District.
Or do a Google.com search for: Frisco Railway Springfield Library
- This page was last modified on 22 August 2012, at 17:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,068 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki