Hockham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hockham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wayland PLU|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
HOCKHAM (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Wayland, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. W.) from Larlingford. The Primitive Methodists have a place of worship in the parish.
Hockham Holy Trinity is an Ancient Parish in the Rockland deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Hockham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Hockham, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 486/1-9 Great with Little Hockham
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438865.
http://apling.freeservers.com/1891Census/Hockham.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Hockham on GenUKI
- Parish Info
- Church History and Images
- history of the church
- Literary Norfolk website
- British History online
- British Listed Building
- Hockham on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 521-524. Date accessed: 01 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:18.
- This page has been accessed 2,371 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page