Honingham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Honingham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's PLU|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
HONINGHAM, a village and a parish in St. Faith district, Norfolk. The village stands on a branch of the river Wensum. 
Honingham St Andrew is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- St Faith's registration District1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Honingham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Honingham, Norfolk Online Parish Records|
Norwich Record Office reference PD 446/ 1-8
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held at the Family History Library.
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms, burials and marriages 1726-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526811 Item 12
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438856.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Honingham on GenUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 06:25.
- This page has been accessed 1,311 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page