Horton Indian Agency (Kansas)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
There are records in the Central Plains Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in Kansas City, under the title of Horton Agency. It appears they are actually records of the Potawatomi Agency, since they all pre-date the use of the name Horton for this agency. Included among these records are:
- Allotment and census rolls, 1863-1869
- Register of allotments to minors, no date
- Potawatomi Indian Training School Registoer, 1903-1904
- And other administrative and financial records.
For records prior to 1964, see also those listed under Potawatomi Agency.
- ↑ Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981, p. 177.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 14 January 2011, at 14:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,189 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page