How to Find Alaska Birth RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Alaska was permanently founded by Russians from 1799 to 1867. United States purchased Alaska in 1867 and made it a territory. In 1959 Alaska became the 49th state. Alaska is divided into boroughs rather than counties. There were no birth records kept until 1913 when territory wide registration of births began.
Next Step: When did the birth occur?
Births before 1913
Before 1913, no births were recorded by the borough or state. You must search substitute records to locate your ancestor’s birth date and place.
|Records that give birth information:|
Births after 1913
Territory-wide registration of births began in 1913 in Alaska. Currently, there are no online indexes to Alaska births from 1913 to the present.
Obtain the Certificate
Restrictions for persons born within the last 100 years:
To obtain a copy of the birth certificate for those born within the last 100 years, you must be:
- The person on the certificate
- The parent of the person on the certificate
- The legal guardian of the person on the certificate
- Anyone who has legal interest in the certificate
- NOTE: A copy of the birth certificate cannot be obtained by anyone except those listed above until 100 years have passed from the date of the birth.
If you do not want to order the birth record, there areother records with birth information you can search.
Related Wiki Articles
- This page was last modified on 8 April 2014, at 21:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,133 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page