How to Preserve and Restore Family Records and BooksEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Several Web sites help you learn about preserving your family records. Here are a few.
- U.S. National Archives & Records Administration at www.archives.gov/preservation/family-archives/
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works at http://aic.stanford.edu
- The Institute of Paper Conservation at http://palimpsest.stanford.edu
- Northeast Document Conservation Center at www.nedcc.org
- Smithsonian Center for Materials Research and Education at www.si.edu/scmre/
- Cyndi's List - Preservation & Conservation at www.cyndislist.com/preservation.htm
- Utah Bookbinding Company at www.utahbookbinding.com
- Grimm Book Bindery, Inc. at www.grimmbindery.com
- They also do book repairs and restorations of single books.
- Inks and Toners Research Information:
- Wilhelm Imaging Research at www.wilhelm-research.com
- This page was last modified on 27 November 2012, at 14:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,473 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More