Hudson, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Centennial of Christ Church, Hudson, New York: 1802-1902. Hudson, N.Y.: The Vestry, 1902?. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
Genealogical Resources: A brief history for Hudson, Columbia County, New York by Capt. Franklin Ellis, 1878.
Land and Property
Genealogical Resources: A list of men from the Town of Hudson (4 pages) that served in the Civil War. This is based on the 1878 history by Captain Franklin Ellis.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the largest online collection of 400 New York 1795-2007 newspapers. The instructions for this quirky site are needed to get the most out of it.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the following Hudson, New York newspaper images:
- Hudson NY Evening Register 1867-1944
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Hudson Area Library
Genealogical Resources: Historical information of the city, county and state, city directories, High School yearbooks, historical periodicals, photographs. History Room
Columbia County Museum & Library
Genealogical Resources: Family surname files, cemetery records, church records, town and community records, newspapers. Research at CCH.
Columbia County Historical Society
c/o Columbia County Museum & Library
5 Albany Avenue
PO Box 311
Kinderhook, NY 12106
City of Hudson, Clerk
520 Warren Street, Hudson, NY 12534-2802
Patricia Fenoff, Historian
25 Cross Street
Hudson, NY 12534
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Hudson, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- This page was last modified on 19 March 2012, at 21:30.
- This page has been accessed 931 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page