Hunter County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hunter County, Kansas was organized in 1855, never organized and was defunct by February 24 1864. Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
It may have be named for Robert Mercer Taliaferro Hunter (1809-1887), a Virginia congressman and senator, who favored the admission of Kansas. Kansas Historical Society
The greater portion of what was Hunter County is now included in Cowley County, with the remainder scattered among Sedgwick, Sumner, Butler, Elk, Chautauqua, and Greenwood counties.
More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://www.kshs.org/geog/geog_counties/view/county:HU
- Family History Library Catalog
- County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 14:34.
- This page has been accessed 429 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More