Ibstone, BuckinghamshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ibstone, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wycombe PLU|
|Parish registers: 1665|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1639|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford|
|Location of Archive|
|Oxfordshire Record Office|
IBSTONE, or IPSTONE, a parish in the district of Wycombe, and counties of Buckingham and Oxford; 6 miles WSW of West Wycombe r. station, and 8 W of High Wycombe.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ibstone, Buckinghamshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Ibstone, Buckinghamshire Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241216.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Ibstone on GENUKI
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-72 Date accessed and adapted 18 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 21 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2014, at 19:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,337 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page