Idaho, Cassia County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989 .
The collection consists of county records for the years 1879 to 1989 from the county courthouse in Burley. It includes the following types of records:
- Soldier discharge papers
- School census
- Mining records
- Coroner's reports
- Mother's pensions
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989.|
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Idaho marriages, click here.
The record content varies by record type. It may include any of the following pieces of information:
- Name of primary individual
- Event date and place
- Age, gender, residence and occupation of individual
- Names of parents
- Biographical information about parents such as date and place of birth
- Names of heirs, such as spouse, children, other relatives
- Names of the executor, administrator, or guardian
- Names of witnesses
- Dates the documents were written and recorded
- Description and value of property or land
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- The type of event
- The approximate date the event occurred
- The name of the individual or individuals such as the names of the bride and groom
Search the Collection
To browse by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Record Category" category
⇒Select the "Record Type, Volume, and Year Range" category which takes you to the images
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors. The following examples show ways you can use the information:
- Use the marriage date and place as the basis for compiling a new family group or for verifying existing information.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth to find the family in census records.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church and land records.
- Use the parent’s birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Earlier records may not contain as much information as the records created after the late 1800s.
- There is some variation in the information given from one record to another record.
- The name of the officiator may be a clue to their religion or area of residence in the county.
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname. This is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have been born, married, or died in the same county or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family or even the second marriage of a parent. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Check for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby counties.
For a summary of this information see the wiki article: United States, How to Use the Records Summary (FamilySearch Historical Records).
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Idaho, Cassia items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see the wiki article Idaho Archives and Libraries. For additional information about this county see the wiki article Cassia County, Idaho.|
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
- Idaho Vital Records
- Idaho Land and Property
- Idaho Naturalization and Citizenship
- Idaho Military Records
- Idaho Probate Records
- Idaho Court Records
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- " Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Cassia County Clerk's Office, Burley.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Cassia County Records, 1879-1989.|
- This page was last modified on 8 February 2016, at 17:37.
- This page has been accessed 4,974 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News