Idaho, County Birth and Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1883-1929 .
This Collection will include records from 1907 to 1920.
The collection consists of images of county birth and death registers for the following counties:
- Twin Falls
Some birth and deaths registers may extend beyond 1911.
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse.
- Full birth date
- Place of birth
- Name of Child
- Race or Color
- No. in Family
- Living or Stillborn
- Names of Parents
- Color of Parents
- Occupation of Father
- Birthplace of parents
- Age of parents
- Maiden Name of Mother
- Is child legitimate
The information found in the Death Registers may include the following:
- Death date with year
- Place of death
- Age at death
- Race or color
- Married or Single
- Cause of Death
- Duration of Illness
- Name of Parents
- Color of Parents
How to Use the Record
To begin your search, it would be helpful to know the following:
- Date of the event
- Place of the event
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select "Record Type, Date Range and Volume" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Make a photocopy of the record, or extract the genealogical information needed. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors. The following examples show ways you can use the information:
- Use the names and relationships as a basis for compiling family groups.
- Use the names, date, and residence or place to locate the individual or family in the census.
- Use the names and places to locate additional records about the individual or family such as church and land records.
- Use ages listed to determine approximate birth dates.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- You may need to compare the information of more than one family or person to make this determination.
- If the record is a death record look for burial and probate records in the same location.
- If the record is a birth record look for records of the parents.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Search the records of neighboring counties.
- Search for an index. Local historical and genealogical societies often have indexes to local records.
|FHL Place United States, Idaho items or FHL Keyword Idaho items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Idaho Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Idaho, County Birth and Death Records, 1907-1920." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.
- This page was last modified on 18 August 2014, at 18:28.
- This page has been accessed 3,730 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki