Idaho, Divorce Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Idaho, Divorce Index, 1947-1961 .
The collection consists of an index to divorces created by the Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics. Covering divorces filed between May 1, 1947 and December 31, 1961.
Information found in this collection may include:
- Names of husband and wife
- Date of divorce
- Divorce place
- Cetificate number
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Names of interested parties
- Date and place of divorce
Search the Collection
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to find your ancestor. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line video at FamilySearch Search Tips.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details such as age, or wife's maiden name. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. Use the certificate number to obtain a full copy of the divorce record.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Check for another index. Local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records.
- Search the records of nearby counties.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Souces include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Idaho, Divorce Index, 1947-1961" Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics, Boise.
- This page was last modified on 5 November 2013, at 17:22.
- This page has been accessed 875 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More