Idaho MapsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The best map collections for Idaho are at libraries of Boise State University and Idaho State University and at the http://history.idaho.gov/maps Idaho State Archives]. The Family History Library in Salt Lake City has a small collection of maps for the territories of Oregon and Idaho.
- Preston, Ralph N. Maps of Early Idaho.(Corvallis, Oregon: Western Guide Publishers, 1972.) At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL book Q 979.6 E3p Lists early towns, gold mines, and old military roads.
- Idaho State Historical Society with annotation by Merle W. Wells, An Atlas of Idaho Territory, 1863-1890. (Boise, Idaho: Idaho Historical Society, 1978.) At various libraries; FHL book 979.6 E7a
- The David Rumsey Map Collection contains more than 35 historic Idaho maps.
- The Perry-Castenada Map Collection at the University of Texas at Austin has many maps of Idaho
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
- Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States
- This page was last modified on 5 July 2012, at 19:42.
- This page has been accessed 3,344 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki