Illington, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Illington, Norfolk family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Wayland PLU|
|Parish registers: 1673|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
ILLINGTON (St. Andrew), aparish, in the union of Wayland, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (N. W. by W.) from East Harling. 
Illington St Andrew is an Ancient Parish in the Rockland deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
The church is now redundant and lies on the edge of Thetford Chase and the nearby Ministry of Defence Battle Training area.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Illington, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Illington, Norfolk Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1673-1812||Undefined||1673-1913||Undefined||1673-1772, 1783-1812|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 488/1-4
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438865.
http://apling.freeservers.com/1891Census/Illington.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Illington on GenUKI
- British History online
- Forum information and images about the church from Derelict Places website.
- Literary Norfolk deserted villages
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 608-611 Date accessed: 15 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 13 October 2014, at 03:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,027 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki