Illinois, Adams County, Card Index to Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
This collection includes a card index to death records in Adams County from the courthouse in Quincy, Illinois for the years 1877 to 1990. Card index to death records in Adams County from the courthouse in Quincy, Illinois.
The cards list the following:
- Name at the time of death
- Death date
How to Use the Record
To search the collection fill in the requested information in the boxes on the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the individuals in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at the information on several individuals comparing the information about them to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names, or variations of their name, throughout their life.
- If your ancestor used an alias or a nickname, be sure to check for those alternate names.
- Even though these indexes are very accurate they may still contain inaccuracies, such as altered spellings, misinterpretations, and optical character recognition errors if the information was scanned.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line video at FamilySearch Search Tips.
Using the Information
Use the name and death date to search for a death record in one of the following:
- The Family History Library. It has the following two death collections for Adams County
- Adams County, Illinois registers of deaths, 1877-1915; Film numbers
- 1870155 Item 3
- 1870156 Item 1
- Adams County death record listing, 1878-1972; Film number 1870153 Item 2
County, Illinois Free Public Records Directory]
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- “Illinois, Adams County, Card Index to Deaths, 1877-1990.” Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing County Clerk. Adams County Courthouse, Quincy, Illinois.
- This page was last modified on 24 June 2014, at 17:28.
- This page has been accessed 425 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki