Illinois, Adams County, Card Index to Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
This collection includes a card index to death records in Adams County from the courthouse in Quincy, Illinois for the years 1877 to 1990. Card index to death records in Adams County from the courthouse in Quincy, Illinois.
The cards list the following:
- Name at the time of death
- Death date
How to Use the Record
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname and an estimated death year.
Search the Collection
To search the collection fill in the requested information in the boxes on the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the individuals in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at the information on several individuals comparing the information about them to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names, or variations of their name, throughout their life.
- If your ancestor used an alias or a nickname, be sure to check for those alternate names.
- Even though these indexes are very accurate they may still contain inaccuracies, such as altered spellings, misinterpretations, and optical character recognition errors if the information was scanned.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the wiki article FamilySearch Search Tips and Tricks.
Using the Information
Use the name and death date to search for a death record in one of the following:
- The Family History Library. It has the following two death collections for Adams County
- Adams County, Illinois registers of deaths, 1877-1915; Film numbers
- 1870155 Item 3
- 1870156 Item 1
- Adams County death record listing, 1878-1972; Film number 1870153 Item 2
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citations for this Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- “Illinois, Adams County, Card Index to Deaths, 1877-1990.” Index. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Adams County Courthouse, Quincy.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record will be available with each record once the collection is published.|
- This page was last modified on 20 November 2014, at 16:55.
- This page has been accessed 564 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More