IndiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Genealogy records about individuals and families in India are free online and stored in archives and libraries around the world. Information on this page will help you discover your family history in India.
- Listing of all records collections for India available on FamilySearch.org
- Map of Hindu Pilgrimage Sites
- Dictionary of Indian Biography
- Indian Cemeteries
- Cemeteries in South Asia
- The Indiaman Magazine
- Families in British India Society
- India Office catalogues of private papers, prints etc.
- Hindu Pilgrimage records
- Maithil Brahmin genealogical records
- BYU Research Resources for India
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- India, Hindu Pilgrimage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- India, Punjab, Moga Land Ownewship Pedigrees (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Articles that Need Editing
- India Jurisdictions
- India Archives and Libraries
- Dictionary of Indian Biography by Charles E. Buckland
Did you know?
- The first British outpost in South Asia was established by the English East India Company in 1619 at Surat on the northwestern coast. The British subsequently expanded their influence in India Read more...
- After a massive rebellion against foreign rule in 1857, the British government decided to place India under the direct control of the Crown. The East India Company was abolished and Queen Victoria was proclaimed Empress of India in 1858. The British National Archives has made available online information about immigrants in the 19th century.
- Genealogical Records of Medieval India
- Place names have a long and varied history. A new article titled A history behind Street Names of Hderabad & Secunderabad provides a taste of rich history.
- This page was last modified on 9 October 2013, at 16:23.
- This page has been accessed 17,934 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More