Iron County, NevadaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Iron County, Utah Territory was created 3 March 1852    by the Utah legislature from Little Salt Lake County, Utah. Iron County extended into present-day Nevada from Utah Territory's eastern boundary to the western edge of the Great Basin in California between Milliard and Washington counties in Utah Territory.Nevada by carving out part of Carson County and the southern part of Beaver County. In 1861 the U.S. Congress created Nevada Territory with its eastern border at 116° W, and in 1862 moved Nevada's eastern border one degree of longitude east, and repeated that again in 1866, each time reducing Iron County, Utah. Former Iron County land in present-day Nevada was used eventually to form parts of Douglas, Lyon, Mineral, Esmeralda, Nye, and Lincoln, counties.
For records of the old Iron County in what is present-day Nevada, see:
- Some records for old Iron County, Utah Territory may have been transferred to, or may have been re-recorded in the new counties formed from the old Iron County. See also:
For records of the old Iron County in what is present-day Utah, see:
- ↑ Utah Territory Legislative Assembly, Acts, resolutions, and memorials, passed by the first annual, and special sessions, of the Legislative Assembly, of the Territory of Utah, begun and held at Great Salt Lake City, on the 22nd day of September, A.D., 1851 (1852) (G.S.L. City, U.T.: Legislative Assembly, 1852), 164. Internet Archive edition.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 687. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 973 D274 2002.
- ↑ "Chart of County Formation in Utah" in Division of Archives and Records Service at http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/county-formation.htm (accessed 11 August 2011).
- ↑ John Koontz, Political History of Nevada, 5th ed. (Carson City, Nev.: SPO, 1965), 34-92. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 N2k
- ↑ Deon C. Greer, Atlas of Utah (Ogden, Utah: Utah State College, 1981), 162-64. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Q Book 979.2 E7a.
- ↑ "Counties of Nevada" in Nevada History: a Walk in the Past at http://nevada-history.org/county.html (accessed 11 August 2011).
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 03:36.
- This page has been accessed 1,522 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More