Iron Mountain Michigan Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Iron Mountain, Michigan Family History Center primarily serves the Dickinson and Iron Counties in Michigan and Florence and Forest Counties in Wisconsin.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2001 Woodward Ave and Pyle Dr N Kingsford MI 49801 United States
- Entrance to the Family History Center is to the right of the building from the parking lot.
- Once inside, go all the way down the hall to the right
- Location Map
Phone: 906 779 2892
Director: Christine Anne Olivier-Hakes 715 889 4710
- Tuesday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am - 2:00pm
- You may also contact the director in advance at 1 715 889 4710 for an appointment.
- Please call to make sure we are open.
- CLOSED on holidays and for severe weather; if the schools are closed, so are we.
Calendar and Events
None at this time
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Michigan censuses from 1820-1880, and the 1890 Census of Michigan Veterans and Widows of the Civil War; vital, naturalization, probate records, etc. for most of the Upper Peninsula Counties and some northern Wisconsin Counties;
- Numerous Scandinavian microfilm
- Some German and British Isles microfilm and/or microfiche
- Some Native American resources, especially Ojibwe and Potowatamie
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Personal Ancestral File (PAF), Roots Magic, and Family Tree Maker programs
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 computers with internet access and PAF and Roots Magic programs
- 1 computer with PAF and Family Tree Maker programs
- 1 Xerox printer (NOT a reader/printer)
- 3 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
On Thursdays, staff with Scandinavian research expertise is usually available
Resources in the Local Area
- Menominee Range Historical Society Museum http://www.menomineemuseum.com/
Dickinson County Genealogical Society
c/o Dickinson County Library
401 Iron Mountain Street
Iron Mountain, MI 48901-3435
- Delta County, MI Genealogical Society http://www.grandmastree.com/society/
- Iron County, MI Genealogical Society
- Florence County, WI Historical Society http://www.florencewisconsin.com/AboutFC/FCHShome.html<
Upper Peninsula Genealogical & Historical Societies
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone in the area who either has genealogical research experience or would like to gain the experience.
Prefer those who are computer literate
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:09.
- This page has been accessed 1,159 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki