Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions, Comune (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Italia, Torino, Torino, Liste di Leva (Comune)
This collection contains military conscription lists (liste di leva) within the custody of the town of Torino (Comune di Torino). The records cover the years 1790 to 1886.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886.|
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Conscription lists usually contain the following information:
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Parents' names
How to Use the Record
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- Identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Search the Collection
To search the collection:
⇒ Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the "Registro e L'Anno" category which takes you to the images.
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
These records are in Italian. For help reading the records see the wiki articles:
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Italy, Torino items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Italy Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information (often called citing your sources). This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2014. Citing Archivio Storico della Città di Torino (Torino Historical Archives), Torino, Italy.
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Italy, Torino, Torino, Military Conscriptions (Comune), 1790-1886.|
- This page was last modified on 20 November 2014, at 22:01.
- This page has been accessed 2,532 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page