Ithaca, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ithaca City Cemetery BillionGraves
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Ithaca, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
Genealogical Resources: Historic Ithaca (A history and information about the area)
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Tompkins County Public Library
Genealogical Resources: Local history, newspapers, books
The History Center of Tompkins County
Genealogical Resources: Research and Reference Services
Mary Williams, Research Librarian
| John M. Olin Library
Ithaca, NY 14853
Genealogical resources: Website offers a guide to Genealogical Research at Cornell. Resources include compiled genealogies, local histories, biographical dictionaries, maps, censuses, newspapers, city directories, church records, periodicals, heraldry, manuscripts, land records, and alumni records.
Genealogical Resources: The Historian may provide access to obituaries, vital records, church records, maps, and family files or journals. Some historians provide search services for their office records and others may refer you to local genealogists who research in the area.
Ithaca City Clerk
108 E. Green St.
Ithaca NY 14850
The City Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the city.
Ithaca Town Clerk
215 N. Tioga St.
Ithaca NY 14850
The Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the town.
City of Ithaca, Historian (N/A)
201 Worth Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Ithaca Town Historian
Laura Johnson-Kelly, Historian
214 North Tioga Street
Ithaca, New York, 14850
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogist's Address Book: State and Local Resources, with Special Resources Including Ethnic and Religious Organizations, 6th ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 487. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24ben 2009.
- ↑ Central New York Genealogical Society at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nycnygs/index.htm (accessed 1 November 2011).
- This page was last modified on 28 February 2012, at 22:55.
- This page has been accessed 2,105 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page