Ivinghoe, BuckinghamshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Leighton Buzzard PLU|
|Registration District||Leighton Buzzard|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1575|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
IVINGHOE (St. Mary), a market-town and a parish, in the union of Leighton-Buzzard, hundred of Cottesloe, county of Buckingham. There are places of worship for Baptists and Wesleyans.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Ivinghoe, Buckinghamshire Online Records|
- Strict Baptist
- Wesleyan Methodist
- Wesleyan Methodist Reform
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241215.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Ivinghoe on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 628-631. Date accessed and adapted 18 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 28 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 28 January 2014.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:40.
- This page has been accessed 1,203 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page