Ivory Coast, Electoral Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Title in the Language of the Records
Côte d'Ivoire, listes électorales
This collection has been depublished due to rights issues. The collection may be republished in the future.
This collection includes records from the years 1927-1960. The records are in French.
The records include images of miscellaneous electoral registers for the Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire). Availability of records is largely dependent on locality.
- Name of registered person
- Date and place of birth
- Arrival Date
- Names of family members
How to Use the Record
To search this collection, it would be helpful if you knew the following information:
- Name of ancestor
- Approximate year and place of residence
Search the Collection
To search the collection image by image
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select “Record Type, Date Range and Volume” which will take you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in French. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Using the Information
If you have found the information you are looking for:
- You can take the residence at the time of the register and look through the censuses to find their family, if they have any.
- You can look at the arrival date and look through the naturalization papers for the place of birth, name of spouse, names of children, and names of parents.
Unable to Find Your Ancestor?
- Look through the indexes for a nickname or a shortened version of the name (i.e. George, Geo.)
- Search the censuses to get a clue of where your ancestors residence is at the time of the election.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Ivory Coast, Electoral Registers, 1927-1960
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Ivory Coast, Electoral Registers, 1927-1960" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Gouvernement General de l'Afrique Occidentale Française. L'Archives Nationale de Côte d'Ivoire, Abidjan.
- This page was last modified on 5 August 2014, at 20:14.
- This page has been accessed 2,586 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki