Jamestown New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Southern part of Chautauqua County, New York
Center Contacts and Hours
- 851 Forest Ave Jamestown NY 14701 United States
- Park in the parking lot adjacent to Forest Avenue.
- Enter the building on the south-side of the building.
- If the door is locked, ring the bell on the right side of the door.
- 1-716-245-4601 (If no one answers, please leave a message)
Closed Thanksgiving week: Call on major holidays as we will probably be closed
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Small collection of Research Books.
- Census on Films.
- Gazetteers on Films/Fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- RootsMagic version 4
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers - internet capable, two computer printers, one microfiche readers, three microfilm readers, one microfilm/fiche printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Swedish research assistance available upon request.
Resources in the Local Area
Chautauqua County Genealogical Society: http://chautgen.org/
Fenton History Center: www.fentonhistorycenter.org/genealogy/genealogy.php
Links And Other Resources
Europe desk, at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
ph. (801) 240-2331
This is a fun link: Roots-fb.cs.byu.edu
- This page was last modified on 6 October 2014, at 00:01.
- This page has been accessed 1,302 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More