Jamestown New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Southern part of Chautauqua County, New York
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address 851 Forest Avenue, Jamestown, New York
- Park in the parking lot adjacent to Forest Avenue. Enter the building on the south-side of the building. (If the door is locked, ring the bell on the right side of the door.)
Phone: 716-245-4601 (this rings the building and other's may answer the phone. If no one answers any voice messages left is transcribed and emailed to the FHC Director)
Alt Phone: 716-712-4601 (FHC Director's cell phone)
Open Hours: Wednesday: 7 - 9 pm; Thursday: 9 am - 3 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week. Call on major holidays as we will probably be closed
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Small collection of Research Books.
- Census on Films.
- Gazetteers on Films/Fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- RootsMagic version 4
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers - internet capable, two computer printers, two microfiche readers, three microfilm readers, one microfilm/fiche printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Swedish research assistance available upon request.
Resources in the Local Area
Chautauqua County Genealogical Society: http://chautgen.org/
Fenton History Center: www.fentonhistorycenter.org/genealogy/genealogy.php
Links And Other Resources
Europe desk, at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
ph. (801) 240-2331
- This page was last modified on 18 September 2013, at 11:39.
- This page has been accessed 658 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More