From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Maine Lincoln Jefferson
A part of Jefferson was once part of the Second Kennebec Patent (also known as the Kennebec Purchase, or Plymouth Patent) of 1629 granted by the British Crown. Jefferson was incorporated from the east side of Ballstown Plantation in 1807. Jefferson is also associated with the names Lincoln Academy Grant, Damariscotta Pond, and parts of Nobleboro. Jefferson land was set off to Alna in 1816 and 1824 (the latter was returned in 1907); part of Patricktown Plantation (now Somerville) was annexed in 1829; also, Jefferson land was set off to Newcastle in 1858.
Libraries and Historical Societies
This page was last modified on 7 November 2013, at 22:32.
This page has been accessed 349 times.