Jones County, AlabamaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- 1867--Jones County was formed 4 February 1867 from parts of Jackson, and Blount counties, and the Cherokee Cession.
- 1867--Abolished 3 November 1867 and returned to parent counties (Jackson and Blount).
- 1868--Sanford County was organized from the territory originally assigned to Jones County on 8 October 1868.
- 1877--Sanford County renamed 1877 to Lamar County.
For Jones County records, see Lamar County, Alabama.
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 02:57.
- This page has been accessed 2,617 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page