Jordan Stake, Utah LDS Church Wards and BranchesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
History Timeline up to about 1930
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1900, January 21 - Jordan Stake organized with 12 wards separated from Salt Lake Stake: Draper, Crescent, Granite, East Jordan, Sandy and Union, on the east side of the river, and Bluffdale, Herriman, Bingham, Riverton, South Jordan and West Jordan on the west side of the river.
- 1901 - Granite Ward was divided and the northern part organized as the Butler Ward.
- 1917 - the name of East Jordan Ward was changed to Midvale
- 1920 - Midvale Ward was divided into two wards and later the East Midvale Ward was created.
- 1918 - the mining town of Lark was organized as a ward
- 1920 Sandy Ward was divided into three wards, namely, Sandy 1st, Sandy 2nd, and Sandy 3rd wards
- 1927, May - Jordan Stake was dissolved and divided into two stakes, namely, the East Jordan Stake and the West Jordan Stake, the Jordan River to be the dividing line between the two stakes.
- Butler, Crescent, Draper, Midvale, Granite, East Midvale, Sandy 1st, 2nd and 3rd wards, and Union Ward were transferred to the East Jordan Stake
- Bingham, Bluffdale, Herriman, Lark, Riverton, South Jordan and West Jordan wards were transferred to the West Jordan Stake
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.
Obtain the Records
- List of Template:FamilySearch CatalogAuthorLDSStakesBegJordan+Stake+Utah church and other records] for Jordan Stake, Utah at the FamilySearch Library.
- For additional resources, see Church History Library.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:36.
- This page has been accessed 540 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page