Journal History of the LDS ChurchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The online version of the Journal and the index is available on the Church's history website. The index is available at the Journal's index image viewer. As of April 2014, images of the the Journal from 1830 up through 1923 are online. Later dates are only available on microfilm.
The microfilm copy covers from 1830 to 1973. It includes the largest collection of pioneer company rosters 1847 to 1868, priesthood ordinations, missionary labors, records of new missions and stakes, conference reports, and obituaries taken from newspaper clippings, extracts from journals, letters, histories, biographies, and manuscript material. The microfilms do not circulate to Family History Centers, but are available at the Family History Library, at the Brigham Young University Harold B. Lee Library, and at the Marriott Library (Univ. of Utah).
- There is an alphabetical card index which shows the date and page number for names, places, events and subjects. Digital images of this card index are available online:
- There is also a non-circulating microfilm edition of the card index called the Index to Journal History.
- ↑ Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Historical Department. Journal History (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Salt Lake City, Utah: Historical Dept., 1968, 1973. (FHL films 1259729–975).
- ↑ Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Historical Department. Index to Journal History. [Salt Lake City, Utah: Historical Dept., 1973]. (On 58 FHL films beginning with 1233503; not available at Family History Centers.)
- This page was last modified on 27 April 2014, at 21:36.
- This page has been accessed 3,039 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki