Kaibab Indian Agency (Utah)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The Kaibab Agency existed for at least the years 1910 thru 1927. It served the Kaibab-Paiute Band of Southern Paiutes in northern Arizona.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1910-1919, and 1921-1927. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, roll 199. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm number 576888). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
Some burial records are available online for the Moccasin Kaibab Indian Reservation Cemetery, 1912-1927.
- ↑ American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998, Microcopy M595, p. 51.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 18 September 2011, at 12:07.
- This page has been accessed 691 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page