Kansas CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) collection contains tombstone inscriptions from Kansas cemeteries. This collection is described in Kansas Genealogy. Inscriptions from headstones in hundreds of small graveyards in every county of the state are recorded in Don L. Ford, Abandoned and Semi-Active Cemeteries of Kansas 
- Another collection of tombstone inscriptions is Cemetery Records of Kansas 
- The Topeka State Hospital, a publicly funded institution for the care and treatment of the mentally ill in Topeka, Kansas, was in operation from 1872 to 1997. For some, the grounds of the hospital became their final resting place. There is a searchable index to the 1157 individuals buried in the hospital cemetery. With only a few exceptions, individuals were buried without a headstone.
Because most individuals were buried in unmarked graves, hospital officials used a grid pattern and designated gravesites by their distance from stone markers placed at the end of each row. The 'Location' is the distance in feet and inches from the eastern marker west to the gravesite.
OnlineThe following have significant cemetery listings for Arkansas State:
| Sites may be incomplete.
• They may not list all cemeteries in a county
• and may not include all burials in a cemetery.
- Findagrave.com Search for names at Find A Grave. Enter at least a last name then click Search. Can narrow by first names or dates.
- This site frequently has tombstone images
- List of cemeteries statewide for cemeteries in their database
- Go to Find A Grave Home page, click Search for a cemetery, select the state (Kansas), then select from the county list, and press Search.
- Click on the number below Interments for a cemetery to access names. Click Records arrow to scroll through to the end.
- Web: Kansas, Find A Grave Index, 1854-2012 at Ancestry.com ($)
- USGenWebtombstoneTranscriptions - Kansas
- USGen Web Tombstone Photo Project - Kansas
- Kansas Cemeteries at Interment.net
- Kansas Rootsweb
- Kansas Cemeteries D'ADDEZIO
- FamilySearch Catalog at FamilySearch.org. Many of the cemetery records listed have been published by the Kansas Genealogical Society and are available at the FamilySearch Catalog. Many cemetery records are published in periodicals. See the Kansas Periodicals for indexes to major periodicals. Use the Keyword Search feature on catalog drop down menu of the FamilySearch Catalog to find more records under:
- ↑ Abandoned and Semi-Active Cemeteries of Kansas3 vols. (Decorah, Iowa: Anundsen Publishing, 1983-85; Family History Library book 978.1 V3f.)
- ↑ Cemetery Records of Kansas 18 vols. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society, 1956-64; Family History Library book 978.1 V22; films 873686-90; fiche 6051176.) The index is in Family History Library book 978.1 V22 index; film 1320674 item 42).
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 16:34.
- This page has been accessed 5,357 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki