Kansas City Missouri Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving southern Jackson and Cass Counties, Missouri, eastern Johnson County, Kansas, and other areas along the State Line corridor south of midtown Kansas City.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Location Map
- 13025 Wornall Rd Kansas City, MO 64145 United States
- Directions: From southern loop of I-435, take Wornall exit south to Blue Ridge Road.
- Center is located inside the church building on the NE corner of Wornall and Blue Ridge Roads.
- Enter the Family History Center from the parking lot on the north side of the building.
Emergency Phone: 1 816-942-8117
FHC Director: Donna Jean Overson - 1 816-668-7088
Assistant Director: Charletta Yvonne Stratton
- Tuesday 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday 6:30pm.- 8:30pm.
- Thursday 10:00am. - 1:00pm. and 6:00pm. - 9:00pm.
- Saturday 2nd, 3rd & 4th of each month, 10:00am. - 2:00pm.
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- The last 2 weeks in December through New Year's Day
- The week preceeding Easter
- The 4th of July.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, such as Ancestry.com (world membership) and others.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 Computers with internet access
- Printers ($.10/copy for each page printed)
- Microfilm and microfische readers and printer ($.25/copy for each printed page)
- Suggest bringing a digital camera to photograph film images as an alterntive to printing.
Staff Research Specialties
By appointment for consultation on research in Germany, Italy and British Isles
Volunteer at the Center
If you have a research specialty and are available for occasional consults with family history center patrons, please volunteer by calling 816-942-8117. Thank you.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 12 March 2014, at 22:30.
- This page has been accessed 764 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More