Kansas County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Kansas County, Kansas was established in 1873, never organized and was defunct by February 22, 1883. Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Kansas County may have be named In honor of the Kansas Indians (also called Kansa or Kaw) Kansas Historical Society
Kansas County in 1883 was renamed Seward County; the territory today comprises Morton County. More infomation can be gained at Kansas Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Kansas
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morton County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2013, at 02:22.
- This page has been accessed 146 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More