Kelling, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1601|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
KELLING (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N. by E.) from Holt. 
Kelling St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelling, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Kelling, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 647
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438862.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- http://www.origins.org.uk/genuki/NFK/places/k/kelling/ on GenUKI
- Kelling on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 643-646. Date accessed: 15 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:57.
- This page has been accessed 820 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki