Kent County, Rhode IslandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Kent County Rhode Island genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- This article is about a county in the state of Rhode Island. For other uses, see Kent (disambiguation).
|Kent County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 11, 1759|
|Named for: Kent, England|
Kent County Courthouse
222 Quaker Lane;
West Warwick, RI 02893
(Town and City Clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records
(Five twns in Kent Co) Towns Organized Before 1800; Coventry 1741, East Greenwich 1677, Warwick 1642-3, West Greenwich 1741
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
For tips on accessing Kent County, Rhode Island census records online, see: Rhode Island Census.
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Kent County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Kent County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Kent County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- This page was last modified on 18 April 2013, at 20:45.
- This page has been accessed 1,634 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More