Kentucky ObituariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Clift, Garrett Glenn. Kentucky Obituaries, 1787–1854. Baltimore, Maryland.: Genealogical Pub., 1977. FHL book 976.9 V28c. This includes obituaries from several newspapers reprinted in The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society, volumes 39 to 40. It is indexed.
Eastern Kentucky University Library Special Collections and Archives has compiled an index to obituaries and death notices from Madison County newspapers, beginning with 1823.
Obituary files may be kept in local public libraries and by newspaper publishers. Some obituaries have also been published and indexed in genealogical periodicals that are available in the Family History Library. These are referenced in the "Places" section of the PERiodical Source Index (PERSI), which is described in the "Periodicals" section.
Obituaries and indexes from a few individual newspapers may be found in the Place Search of the FamilySearch Catalog under:
- KENTUCKY - OBITUARIES
- KENTUCKY, [COUNTY] - OBITUARIES
- KENTUCKY, [COUNTY] - VITAL RECORDS
- Genealogy Buff Obituary Files Scroll down to databases.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 22:45.
- This page has been accessed 3,857 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki