Kentucky ObituariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Clift, Garrett Glenn. Kentucky Obituaries, 1787–1854. Baltimore, Maryland.: Genealogical Pub., 1977. FHL book 976.9 V28c. This includes obituaries from several newspapers reprinted in The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society, volumes 39 to 40. It is indexed.
Eastern Kentucky University Library Special Collections and Archives has compiled an index to obituaries and death notices from Madison County newspapers, beginning with 1823.
Obituary files may be kept in local public libraries and by newspaper publishers. Some obituaries have also been published and indexed in genealogical periodicals that are available in the Family History Library. These are referenced in the "Places" section of the PERiodical Source Index (PERSI), which is described in the "Periodicals" section.
Obituaries and indexes from a few individual newspapers may be found in the Place Search of the FamilySearch Catalog under:
- KENTUCKY - OBITUARIES
- KENTUCKY, [COUNTY] - OBITUARIES
- KENTUCKY, [COUNTY] - VITAL RECORDS
- Genealogy Buff Obituary Files Scroll down to databases.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:14.
- This page has been accessed 5,329 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News