Kentucky Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000).
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Washington < Will records, 1885-1889, Vol. T: Pages 256-257 are missing between images 129 and 130. View the records on Film 551269.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Adair > Will records, 1892-1930, Vol. L and Will records, 1929-1960, Vol. N are very light and barely legible. The records are not available on microfilm.
- Bourbon browse points below correct year span is 1786-1871.
- Will records index, 1729, Vol. 1 (index-to-index)
- Will records index, 1729, Vol. 2 (index-to-volume and page for Will records #1-2194)
- Will records index, 1851, Vol. 3 (index-to-volume and page for Will records #2200-5000)
- NOTE: Using the index-to-index and index-to-volume and page to find Will records:
- Bourbon > Will records index, 1729, Vol. 1 is organized alphabetically by name and includes an associated Will record number. For example, Bourbon > Will records index, 1729, Vol. 1 > Image 1 of 140: Abbay, John R 729 refers to John R. Abbay and Will record #729.
- Based on the Will record number, search Will records index, 1729, Vol. 2 or Will records index, 1851, Vol. 3. For example, to locate John R. Abbay, Will record #729, search Bourbon > Will records index, 1729, Vol. 2 > Image 34 of 159. The John R. Abbay Will records are located in Vol. G and found on Page 103.
- Bourbon > Will records, 1821-1827, Vol. G > Image 54 of 275 contain page 103 Will record for John R. Abbay.
- Bourbon browse points below do not contain indices:
- Will records, Index, 1805-1809, Vol. C
- Will records, Index, 1809-1814, Vol. D
- Will records, Index, 1831-1835, Vol. J
- Will records, Index, 1835-1838, Vol. K
- Will records, Index, 1838-1841, Vol. L
- Will records, Index, 1841-1847, Vol. M
- Will records, Index, 1847-1850, Vol. N
- Will records, Index, 1850-1853, Vol. O
- Will records, Index, 1853-1857, Vol. P
- Harrison browse points below contain marriage records as indicated:
- Will records, 1795-1818, Vol. A includes two sets of Marriages Records on images 222-237 and images 456-473.
- Will records, 1815-1832, Vol. B includes Marriage Records on images 300-313.
- Will records, 1818-1832, Vol. B includes Marriage Records on images 296-309.
- Hardin browse points below belong in Harlan County:
- Affidavit of Descent, 1974-1977, Vol. 5
- Affidavit of Descent, 1977-1980, Vol. 6
- Affidavit of Descent, 1980-1983, Vol. 7
- Affidavit of Descent, 1983-1986, Vol. 8
- Mercer > Will records, Index, 1826-1834, Vol. 9 does not contain an index. The records are a continuation of Will Records, index, 1826-1835 Vol 9.
- Muhlenberg > Wills record, 1954-1968, vol. 9 contains both volumes 9 and 10.
- Union County Appraisements, inventories, and settlements index 1864-1918 are located in browse points:
- Union > Estates index, 1864-1997, Vol. A-L
- Union > Settlements index, 1864-1997, Vol. A-L
- Union > Settlements index, 1864-1997, Vol. M-Z
- Washington > Will records index, 1922-1949 year span should be 1792-1949.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at email@example.com.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window.
For example: Kentucky, Probate Records, 1792-1977 > Carter > Will Records, 1932-1958, Vol 3 > Image 27 of 819.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the Kentucky Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Kentucky Probate Records, 1727-1990 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 11 May 2015, at 02:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,119 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News