Kenwyn St George, CornwallEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Kenwyn St George, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Kenwyn St George, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||Truro PLU|
|Parish registers: 1847|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
KENWYN (St. Cuby), a parish, in the union of Truro, W. division of the hundred of Powder and of the county of Cornwall. There are churches also at Truro and Chacewater; and two new ecclesiastical districts have been constituted by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, named respectively St. George's Kenwyn, and Baldhu: the incumbent of each district is appointed by the Crown and the Bishop, alternately.
Kenwyn St George is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1846 from Kenwyn, Cornwall Ancient Parish.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Kenwyn St George Carvedras parish (1846) registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Kenwyn St George, Cornwall Parish Online Records|
Images of parish registers are available online in historic records Images refer to Cornwall County Record Office reference P 98
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is Online Parish Clerk.
The history, registers and much more have been contributed by the Online Parish clerk for Kenwyn.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241269.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Kenwyn in GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 659-663. Date accessed: 18 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Database Coverage,' Cornwall Parish Register Index, accessed 1 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 22 May 2014.
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2014, at 21:32.
- This page has been accessed 659 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page